Our Advocates Are Here To Help You Receive Your Just Compensation
Nursing Home Injury
The Valbrun Law Group
Over 1.5 million people in the United States rely on nursing homes and their employees to meet most or all of their needs. Because of their medical condition, nursing home patients are a vulnerable and often helpless group. Often, because of neglect, mistreatment, abuse, understaffing, or just paying closer attention to corporate dollars than patient care, the nursing home population suffer great injuries and even death.
Nursing homes are required by law to provide:
- Adequate numbers of nursing personnel to care for residents;
- Adequate amounts of food, supplies, equipment and medication;
- Competent, well-trained staff;
- Continuous assessment of each resident;
- A good record keeping system; and
- A system to ensure the overall dignity and well-being of their patients.
Too often, failures in these and other areas lead to injuries including, falls, bed sores, broken bones, physical abuse, malnutrition, and even death. If you feel that your loved one has been a victim of nursing home neglect, please contact us.